Your little one’s first trip to an amusement park, the beach or their first NFL football game should be a magical one full of wonderful memories. But as a first-time parent, or even for the seasoned parent with their newest bundle of joy in tow, it requires a lot of preparing and planning just to get out of the house. Trips in general, whether they are day trips or for an extended stay, can be a stressful time – especially when you consider everything you need for baby.
The first step to reducing your travel stress is by packing the right diaper bag essentials for your baby or toddler. Beginning your trip stressed and disorganized is not a good sign for the upcoming adventure. Give yourself a head start in preparing and start with the number one essential: the diaper bag.
The Bag – Your everyday diaper bag may be smaller in size in order to accommodate wipes, diapers, a spare change of clothes, a bottle and an extra pacifier for quick trips to the mall or grocery store. However, your day trip bag should be larger to allow for extra essentials to get you through the day, as you don’t want to be running to the store en-route because you forgot a necessity. Football stadiums and amusement parks can get crowded, so a backpack-style diaper bag keeps your arms and hands free and offers ample room to store everything your baby needs for a full day out.
Apparel – Sure, there are tons of important stuff that need to be loaded into the bag, but isn’t what your little one wears to their first NY Giants game pretty important? We think so too! Get your sweet baby in on the game-day action with NY Giants infant clothes! Suit your little man in a Giants Manning V-Neck Performance Jersey Tee and your little lady in a NY Giant Baby Cheerleader Dress. Our selection of NY Giants infant clothes also includes adorable ball caps, infant shoes, bucket hats, leg warmers, pacifiers and bibs. Pack up the camera and make their first trip a special one decked out in NY Giants infant clothes.
No matter what team your little one will be supporting, here’s a list of the must-have’s that will help make your day trip a success for you both!
- Diapers (one per hour, or training pants for potty-training toddlers)
- Diaper rash ointment
- Wash cloth, burp cloth and a hand towel
- Two to three bibs
- Bottle(s) or sippy cup (one sippy cup is generally sufficient, but you’ll need more than one bottle depending on the length of your trip and your child’s needs
- Formula, milk or breast milk — prepared and chilled
- Baby food with baby-safe utensils
- Bottled water
- Snacks (you can keep snacks for you or older children in your baby's diaper bag)
- Extra clothes for baby (two or three bodysuits, shirts and bottoms)
- Baby/toddler-safe toys (don't overstuff, but choose at least one or two you know will keep your child entertained and happy)
- Hand sanitizer
- Two pacifiers
- Travel-size first-aid kit